Talking points in the video
- This is one of my favourite scenes in Fight Club.
- How often do you get stuck in the monotony of life, pressure by bills and pressure to just go with what life dictates.
- Days meld into weeks into months and year.
- Is that is us Men Going Our Own Way?
- This scene in fight club highlights a regular man who decided not to follow his dreams, he received the greatest form of motivation.
- Why should we let society crush us and force us to be part of something we hate and forgo our dreams?
- Do we need someone to come into our life with a gun and force us to chase our dreams?
- Sometimes it feels that we need that.
- Depending on your friends… You may not be able to find someone to do that, but can we be our own Tyler?
- Do we have our own Tyler inside us to help us?
- Fight Club shows us we do, we just need to listen to him.
- We have the ability, with discipline, to work on ourself every day, on our mission.
- As men going our own way, we have an obligation to ourself to pursue this
- These goals HAVE to extend beyond girls, relationships and societal norms
- Much like the narrator grows beyond his empty life through Tylers help
- We have to break away and focus on our own goals and dreams and focus on them like our life depends on it.
- As our life DOES depend on it.
- We have to chase our dreams to go our own way